Wednesday, December 16, 2009

• What did you learn from this course…about yourself, your technology and leadership skills, and your attitudes?

This course has really taught me to not “dog it until I try it.” I did not like technology before the course and did not want to use it in my classroom. I did as little as possible just because I did not understand how to work many technology tools and it was just an uncomfortable foreign area to me. As I started learning about the benefits of technology in the classroom it became very evident just how important it really was. Also, as we created our blogs and participated in different activities that required us to branch out and experience technology first hand it really opened my eyes to the importance of this incredible tool we have available. As a leader I realized there are things that teachers are going to be resistant to. It is my job to show them the benefits while making sure they feel comfortable with themselves as teachers before expecting them to start anything in their classrooms. I am so happy I was able to experience this course and to learn so much about technology. I can’t wait to start a new project with my students incorporating many different tools that all involve the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment